By Michael J. Hogan
Read or Download A Cross of Iron: Harry S. Truman and the Origins of the National Security State, 1945–1954 PDF
Similar freedom & security books
This targeted quantity unpacks the idea that and perform of naming and shaming by way of interpreting how governments, NGOs and overseas organizations try and swap the behaviour of particular actors via public publicity of violations of normative criteria and felony commitments.
Medicinal drugs as guns opposed to Us meticulously info how a gaggle of opium-trafficking households got here to shape an American oligarchy and finally completed international dominance. This oligarchy helped fund the Nazi regime after which stored millions of Nazis to paintings with the significant Intelligence company. CIA operations equivalent to MK-Ultra driven LSD and different medications on leftist leaders and left-leaning populations at domestic and in another country.
The U. S. Air strength has skilled many acquisition application disasters - price overruns, time table delays, method functionality difficulties, and sustainability issues - over software lifetimes. A key contributing issue is the inability of enough technical wisdom in the Air strength about the structures being received to make sure good fortune.
This e-book examines the underlying components of the Nagorno-Karabakh clash within the South Caucasus from 1905 to 1994, and explores the ways that problems with ethnicity and nationalism contributed to that clash. the writer examines the historiography and politics of the clash, and the ancient, territorial and ethnic dimensions which contributed to the dynamics of the struggle.
- China's Global Engagement: Cooperation, Competition, and Influence in the 21st Century
- Northeast Asian Regionalism: Lessons from the European Experience
- Sources of Weapon System Cost Growth: Analysis of 35 Major Defense Acquisition Programs (Project Air Force)
- Ragnar's Guide To Interviews, Investigations, And Interrogations: How To Conduct Them, How To Survive Them
- Gang Investigator's Handbook: A Law-Enforcement Guide to Identifying and Combating Violent Street Gangs
Additional info for A Cross of Iron: Harry S. Truman and the Origins of the National Security State, 1945–1954
Categories: Freedom Security